nRF24LE PC Side Application

Questions for programming 8051 microcontrollers in C or assembly using SDCC

nRF24LE PC Side Application

Postby fatihtx » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:44 am

Hi,
I would like to first say thank you (DIY embedded) for your studies on Nordic Semiconductors. I almost read every single post. I am Windows user, therefore I couldn't run PC Side Application even with setup Cygwin (may not setup properly). I am not familiar Linux things. I watched youtube videos etc for learn Bash things to run your application.... I am newbie :@. I did try, but not worked. If anyone knows how to run this PC side application on Windows, would you please explain me step by step? Then I can do myself. I really appreciate for your kind response.

I am doing a project that is related wireless networks. I would like program nRF24LE with your bootloader... At the net, I found some Chinese items (mPro or nRF24LXX USB Flasher from Canton electronic). I don't know their quality also will work or not :)).

P.S: I read tutorials that are related to nRF24L01 transceiver. I learned lots of things. Thanks

Fatih
fatihtx

Re: nRF24LE PC Side Application

Postby brennen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 pm

On Windows, you should only need the .NET runtime environment (which any Windows OS should either come with or be able to download from Microsoft). When you download the zip file, unzip it, then go to the folder in which you unzipped it. From there, navigate to nrf24lx1_bootloader_pc/nrf24lx1_progerammer/bin/Debug/ and then run nrf24lx1_programmer.exe.

If the program won't run at all, please let me know what error message you're getting. If it does run but fails somehow, let me know what the exact problem is.

NOTE: Do keep in mind that using this code requires that the nRF24LE1 device you're trying to program has our on-chip bootloader already installed in its flash memory.
brennen
Site Admin

Postby fatihtx » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Brennen,

Thank you for kind answer.
I don't know the problem what it is. I was working on my lab computer that is working with Windows 7 Home Premium and .NET 4.5. That gives "nrf24lu1_programmer has stopped working" error message.
After your reply, I run the nrf24lx1_bootloader_pc/nrf24lx1_programmer/bin/Debug/ and then run nrf24lx1_programmer.exe on my personal computer that is WORKED. I don't know exactly what is the problem. My personal computer has Windows XP service pack 3 and .NET 4 . May be the problem Windows 7. I worked almost 5 hours on this problem to solve. But the problem is just this:(. I really fed up these Windows things... I got you right now why use Linux :).

brennen wrote:NOTE: Do keep in mind that using this code requires that the nRF24LE1 device you're trying to program has our on-chip bootloader already installed in its flash memory.

The nRF24LE1 device which is in your website has already installed, right? I read from one of your post, I guess.

Thanks for your help...

Fatih
fatihtx

Postby brennen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm currently running the program on Windows 7 Home Premium without any problems, so I'm not sure what the problem would have been. And all of the nRF24LE1 boards that we ship have the bootloader installed, so you're good there.
brennen
Site Admin

Return to 8051 Programming