getting errors in eclipse

Questions for programming 8051 microcontrollers in C or assembly using SDCC

getting errors in eclipse

Postby joselalupa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:42 pm

hi brennen, i need your help again.
my hd died so i have to reinstall everything in a new computer, i checked all the previous post and the errors i got before, i added everything to the env var in windows but i keep getting these errors:

error 146: two or more storage classes in declaration for 'enc_dec_accel_galois_multiply' enc_dec_accel_galois_multiply.c
make: *** [make_sdcc_nrf24le1] Error 2 nrf24le1_sdk
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 nrf24le1_sdk
make[2]: *** [../src/enc_dec_accel] Error 2 nrf24le1_sdk
make[3]: *** [../../_target_sdcc_nrf24le1/obj/enc_dec_accel/enc_dec_accel_galois_multiply.rel] Error 1 nrf24le1_sdk
recipe for target '../../_target_sdcc_nrf24le1/obj/enc_dec_accel/enc_dec_accel_galois_multiply.rel' failed MakefileSrc
recipe for target '../src/enc_dec_accel' failed Makefile
recipe for target 'all' failed Makefile
recipe for target 'make_sdcc_nrf24le1' failed Makefile

i really appreciate you help
joselalupa

Re: getting errors in eclipse

Postby brennen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm

What version of SDCC are you using? The SDK was compiled with SDCC v3.1.0. You might try installing that version and see if it fixes the problem (definitely run a clean before you do this).
brennen
Site Admin

Postby joselalupa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:13 pm

hi brenen, me again and this time i would like to finish this setup....
i imported nrf24le1_sdk_v2.0 to eclipse, copied src folder from nrf24le1_sdk_v2.0 to eclipse, clean and compile, now i just get 1 error in two locations...

Description Resource Path Location Type
Type 'rf_irq_pin_active()' could not be resolved main.c /nrf24le1_sdk/src/main/src line 24 Semantic Error

and two syntax warning in
void putchar(char c);
char getchar();

any idea about??

i've opened reg24le1.h and i've found tons of syntax errors, it stops at line 311
joselalupa

Postby brennen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Can you paste in your full build output?
brennen
Site Admin

Postby joselalupa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

here is what i get in problems:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Type 'rf_irq_pin_active()' could not be resolved main.c /nrf24le1_sdk/src/main/src line 24 Semantic Error
Type 'rf_irq_pin_active()' could not be resolved main.c /nrf24le1_sdk/src/main/src line 35 Semantic Error

console is clean, empty
joselalupa

Postby joselalupa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 pm

as i am newbie, how can i be sure main is running?
if i don't open src/main/src/main.c eclipse don't report any error so i suspect it is not running.
i wonder if you can pack and send a working project with this included in order to test and see if it's really running. as i said before i am absolutly newbie
joselalupa

Postby brennen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 pm

If it's just in Problems in Eclipse, then you can ignore it. Eclipse doesn't understand some of the syntax that gets used by SDCC, so it flags them as problems. You can turn them off in Eclipse to clean up your editor. As long as your build output is clean, you should be good to go.
brennen
Site Admin

Postby joselalupa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:04 pm

it explains why even getting eclipse error the files compiles, thanks a lot
joselalupa

Postby joselalupa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:41 pm

hi brenen, this is what i consider is my last question regarding the sdk....i modified the code, no error in the compiling, everything nice....using you bootloader...wich files should i upload to my nrf24le1?? i don't see a references of this in the tutorials.
my real question is because the programmer is looking for a hex file but i don't get that file in eclipse compilation folder
joselalupa

Postby brennen » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:23 pm

The flash file is in your the target directory in your application directory (not in the SDK directory).

So, for example, if your application directory name is "app" and your target name is "_target_sdcc_nrf24le1_24", the the flash file will be "app/_target_sdcc_nrf24le1_24/flash/main.hex" when you build your application.
brennen
Site Admin

Next

Return to 8051 Programming